Happy Diwali my beauties!
For those of you who aren’t in the know, Diwali is the Hindu festival of light. Celebrated by many religious groups in India, the focus of this festivity is bright colours, sparkling fireworks, good food and great company. I’m sure that many of you, like myself, will have many parties and events to attend over the next few days to mark this colourful event.
When thinking about my outfit choices for Diwali, I remembered my good friend Rina Jain Naha at Stella & Dot. Rina was kind enough to show me the new autumn/winter collection recently and I knew that she was the person to go to for fabulous accessories to pair with my outfits.
Stella & Dot is the brain child of founder Jessica Herrin. Being a mother of two, she had the vision to create a company that would offer a great career alternative to today’s busy woman. Jessica made it her mission to resolve the modern woman’s dilemma of achieving success in the work place whilst maintaining other responsibilities. Jessica’s vision called for an entirely new concept of ‘work’ guaranteeing flexibility, rewards, style, profit and fun. The San Francisco based company has been praised by The New York Times and Wall Street Journal as one of the 500 Fastest Growing Companies for their innovative social shopping concept; which brings together the best of commerce,social media, personal service and passion to create the ultimate home-based business for many women.
Offering boutique style jewellery and accessories, the products are sold through ‘trunk shows’ held by independent stylists as well as their online shop. Luckily for me, Rina had reserved some fabulous pieces for me to try just in time for Diwali. Their statement jewels and colourful accessories are perfect for snazzing up any Indian outfit. Seeing as we’re in celebration mode, it’s only fair that I treated myself!
Here are my top Diwali picks from the collection:-
1. Veda Split Ring (£35) – Double detailed cocktail ring with a vintage gold fan and jade green stones. One size fits all.
2. Soho Flap Wallet in Citroen (£40) – Made of of vegan leather, perfect for adding a pop of colour to any outfit. Shiny gold and silver hardware details; which matches any Indian outfit. Contains a card holder for up to 7 cards, 3 open pockets and a zip closure coin pocket.
3. Natalie Necklace (£85) – A multi-wear reversible necklace. Wear one side with it’s neutral mixed metal detailing or flip it around to add a beautiful pop of colbalt blue to your outfit. The genuine leather collar has a hint of pave sparkle for extra dimension.
4. Westwood Scarf in Metallic Trellis (£45) – A beautiful wrap; which can be used for a casual daytime outfit or to accompany a glamorous evening outfit.
5. Starlet Pearl Necklace (£115) – A stunning statement necklace that can also be worn in multiple ways. A mix of hand-strung glass pearls with chic sparkly strands. Wear all together or try one of the 5 variations for an elegant and timeless look.
Stella & Dot offer you, as the consumer, the opportunity to become a part of the family as an independent stylist. Surround yourself with their irresistible pieces by hosting your own ‘trunk show’ to family and friends. Not only do you get to hold a fabulous girl’s night in, but you also get the opportunity to receive free items.
If you are interested in purchasing any of the items above or would like to discuss your options on becoming a stylist, contact Rina through her website or email email@example.com.
Wishing you and your loved ones a very happy Diwali and a prosperous New Year. Eat, drink and sparkle! xxx